CONGRESSMAN KATKO ANNOUNCES 2017 NY-24 MILITARY ACADEMY APPOINTMENTS
Syracuse, New York – U.S. Rep. John Katko (NY-24) today announced that eleven young men and women from across the 24th Congressional District have received offers of appointment to the United States Service Academies.
“I’m pleased to announce the appointment of eleven bright young men and women from across all four counties of the 24th Congressional District to our nation’s esteemed military academies,” said Congressman Katko. “These dedicated young students have demonstrated their scholarship, service, leadership abilities, and determination to serve our great nation. I was honored to nominate these students and wish them the very best as they begin their studies and service to our country.”
The following students received offers of appointment:
United States Military Academy – West Point, NY
- James Hunter of Liverpool High School
- Andrew Marsh of Marcellus High School
- Kiernan Reagan of Marcellus High School
- Adrian Vilardi of Fabius-Pompey High School
- Anthony Alberici of the United States Military Academy Prep School
- Matthew Blejwas of McQuaid Jesuit High School
United States Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD
- Abigail McGinn of Bishop Ludden High School
- Lisa Morocco of Manlius Pebble High School
United States Air Force Academy – Colorado Springs, CO
- Trey LaRock of G. Ray Bodley High School
- Christopher Stowell of Cicero-North Syracuse High School
United States Merchant Marine Academy – Kings Point, NY
- Nicholas Alberici of Auburn High School
Each year, Rep. Katko may nominate a limited number of students to each U.S. Service Academy. Representative Katko’s Academy Nomination Board conducted interviews with applicants following review of their applications. After receiving a nomination, each student must still earn admission into the service academy for which he or she was nominated to be considered for an appointment. The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for at least five years upon graduation.
Congressman John Katko represents the 24th Congressional District, which includes all of Onondaga, Cayuga, and Wayne Counties and a portion of Oswego County. For more information, please visit https://katko.house.gov or www.facebook.com/RepJohnKatko.