REP. JOHN KATKO INVITES PUBLIC TO HEROIN, SYNTHETIC DRUG TOWN HALL EVENT IN FULTON NEXT WEEK
SYRACUSE, NY – U.S. Representative John Katko (NY-24) today announced that he will host his fourth public town hall event focused on combating heroin and synthetic drug abuse. The event will be held next Monday, April 4 at 6:30 p.m. at Cayuga Community College’s Fulton Campus. Like his past events, Representative Katko will be joined by a panel of community advocates and parents, healthcare professionals, educators, prevention and treatment specialists, as well as law enforcement and first responders to answer community questions.
“Heroin and synthetic drug abuse has hit our region especially hard – and in Oswego County, I’ve heard from countless families who are struggling to find treatment,” said U.S. Representative John Katko. “These important conversations help to educate our entire community on the dangers associated with heroin and synthetic drug abuse and provide resources for parents, young people, and those struggling with addiction.”
The event is free and open to the public. Only credentialed members of the media will be permitted to tape.
Details are as follows:
A Conversation on Heroin and Synthetic Drug Abuse in Fulton
Monday, April 4th at 6:30 p.m.
Cayuga Community College Fulton Campus
CNY Arts Center, Inc.
11 River Glen Drive in Fulton
The meeting will be moderated by Oswego County District Attorney Greg Oakes. Panelists will include:
- Assistant Fulton Fire Chief David Eiffe
- Fulton City School District Superintendent William Lynch
- Jiancheng Huang, Director of Public Health, Oswego County Health Department
- Michael Batstone, Investigator with the Oswego County Drug Task Force
- Monika Taylor, LCSW, CASAC, Director of Chemical Dependency Treatment Services for Crouse Hospital
- Gina Atkins, RN, Associate Administrator for Behavioral Services at Oswego Health
- Penny Morley, MS, CAS, Prevention Services Director at Farnham Family Services & Member of the Coalition to Combat Substance Abuse
- Alan Francis, MS, Chemical Dependency Counselor for County of Oswego Council on Alcoholism and Addictions, Inc. (COCOAA)
- Teresa Woolson, President of the VOW Foundation & Member of the Coalition to Combat Substance Abuse
- Cori Welch, Leader of “Addiction Awareness, Sharing Without Shame”
Congressman John Katko represents the 24th Congressional District, which includes all of Onondaga, Cayuga, and Wayne Counties and the western portion of Oswego County. For more information, please visit https://katko.house.gov or www.facebook.com/RepJohnKatko.